jeudi 22 décembre 2011

just before Christmas


Inez my little host syster, building
 a ginger bread house with me

Hej hej !


I’m sorry for didn’t write on the blog last weekend but I was quite busy. The think is that in this time of the year, just before Christmas there is a very important tradition here which is to build “ginger bread houses” in order to break it 20 days after Christmas in order to eat it. So last Saturday many exchange students met at the YFU office in Stockholm to build, to “cook” ginger bread houses.


view of my school from the appartment





But this day was also a very important and fantastic day for many exchange students because the snow really came and stayed on the ground! Some students who come from other parts of the world never saw snow before. It was the occasion to build their first snow-men and to make their first snow battle! The snow is still a little bit here but everything should leave this weekend.  Otherwise tomorrow I will go to Gothenburg (by train) for 3 or 4 days. I just would like to notice you that in Sweden Christmas is the 24th of December instead of the 25th. But I must be able to talk a little bit more about it next week!
 I wish everybody a GOD JUL!!! (merry Christmas) And see you next week!


 

 

1 commentaire: